The navigation menu is where public galleries & external links will live for website visitors. There are some options here so let's get started!
- Accessing Home Page Navigation Menu
- Navigation Menu Style
- Navigation Font
- Navigation Links
- Navigation Sub Menus
1. Accessing Home Page Navigation Menu
- Click on the Website link in the left toolbar or Edit portfolio in Launchpad.
- Find the Home page and click Edit Gallery.
- Hover over the Navigation Menu and click on Edit Menu
2. Breaking Down Navigation Menu Style
- First option under Menu Style is Default vs Custom
- Default Menu: is the navigation menu that will show up on every page.
- Custom Menu: is a custom navigation menu for the gallery being edited ONLY!
- There can be as many custom menus as there are pages/galleries. Custom menus do not save and will have to be setup each time.
- Second option under Menu Style is Animated Menu.
- Animated Menu: Instead of listed links an animated menu will condense the links into an icon. When the icon is clicked by a user the navigation menu will fly in from the left, right or full page depending on the settings.
- If Animated Menu is turned on there will be an Animated Styles option.
- As stated there are three options for an animated menu. Left flyout, right flyout, and full page flyout.
- Below is an example of a full screen flyout.
- Non Animated menus have a lot of options explained here...
- Position: There are three options for the position of the Navigation Header. In this example it's set to Top Position.
- Text Alignment: Choose from left, middle, or right text alignment.
- Background Color: This option will set the background color behind the images.
- Text Spacing: This option will adjust the spacing between the links.
- Opacity: This option will allow the opacity to be set on the Navigation Menu.
- Size: This option will adjust the size of the Navigation Menu.
- Margin: This option will adjust the margin inside the Navigation Menu. Bringing the content closer to the middle or further out on the edges.
- Show Home In Menu: Show or hide the home page in the menu links.
- Show Blog In Menu: Show or hide the blog page in the menu links.
3. Navigation Menu Font
- Inside of the Edit Menu workspace click on Font to adjust the navigation menu font.
- Font Style: choose the font style.
- Font Weight: choose the font weight.
- Font Size: choose the font size.
- Font Color: choose the font color.
- Hover Color: choose the color of the links when someone hovers over them.
4. Navigation Menu Links
- Inside of the Edit Menu workspace click on Links to organize or add links to the navigation menu.
- Reorder: click and drag the links to reorder them in the navigation menu.
- Add External Links: Add external links to another blog, company or social media site.
- Rename Links: rename the public facing links from this menu.
5. Sub Menu Navigation Links
- To make a sub menu the link must be already made.
- Then drag that link a little to the right and under the Main Menu Link.
- There will be a little line that indicated it will be a Sub Menu Link displayed in the image below.
- Below is what it will look like expanded on the live site. Simply click on and off to see the link hide and show.